If anyone goes to Inner Mongolia, don’t forget to visit the grassland and the dessert. We took the group tour package from Anda guesthouse: 2D1N Xilamuren Grassland + Zhaohe Temple + Desert Tour. Our small group consisted of 9 people including us. Visiting the grassland and staying in a yurt was the best experience for me. I loved it.
Day 1 Itinerary
- Around 11:00am: Arrive at Zhaohe to see the temple (around half an hour)
- 11:30am: Arrive at Mongolian home for traditional Mongolian tea
- 12:00am: Eat lunch. After lunch, visit the area
- Archery Time
- 6:00pm: Dinner. Then watch the sunset
- 8:00pm: Make a bonfire. Star gaze
We left Anda guesthouse in the early morning after breakfast
Our first stop was at Zhaohe to see the temple
We stayed in one of these yurts
The yurt is very warm even it is cold outside.
The girls thought that we were on a farm … we saw horses, cows
Lunch was superb! A traditional mongolian meal. Yummy!
This was our little group
Watching the auntie rinse the plates
We were in the middle of nowhere. We could run without worrying about traffic
We watched the sunset
Bonfire at night while drinking beer. One of the guys from our group brought his guitar. It was super cold at night.